Our Focused Approach
Quality Clinical Care
At Guardian Recovery we are dedicated to providing men and women of all ages and walks of life with the most comprehensive clinical care available. Our multi-phased addiction recovery program was developed by a team of compassionate professionals with combined decades of experience in the fields of substance abuse and mental health. Because addiction is far from a one-size-fits-all disease, each program of recovery is custom-tailored to meet the unique needs and clinical requirements of each individual client. If you or someone you love has been suffering at the hands of substance abuse and has had little success in other clinical programs, Guardian Recovery is available to help. We are confident that the clinical services we provide are both comprehensive and effective, and will pave the road for long-term success in sobriety.
Our Clinical Services
Clinical treatment focuses on tackling the emotional and mental aspects of substance abuse while integrating individual and group therapy into a broader and more comprehensive treatment plan. At Guardian Recovery, each client undergoes an in-depth assessment upon admission, which helps the clinical team develop a personalized approach to recovery while identifying all underlying, contributing factors and developing individualized treatment goals. There are many different types of clinical services that can be employed — the clinical services that each client receives depends heavily on the results of this initial assessment.
The clinical services we offer include:
- Case management services – Upon admission to our treatment program (any level of clinical care), clients are assigned a case manager who helps them along during every stage of the treatment process, from start to finish. Case managers help develop a personalized treatment plan, a comprehensive plan for continuing care, and serve as the main point of contact between the clinical team and the loved ones of each client. Case managers are available to answer questions or offer additional guidance, encouragement and support whenever necessary.
- Professionally staged interventions – In some cases, your loved one desperately needs professional addiction treatment but adamantly refuses to seek the help he or she needs. Professionally staged interventions provide your loved one with a gentle nudge in the right direction, and help you set and maintain the personal boundaries that will lead to an eventual treatment admission should help be refused during the intervention. At Guardian Recovery we work closely with several licensed and experienced interventionists, all boasting extremely high success rates.
- Individual therapy sessions – Individual therapy is crucial to the effectiveness of each stage of the recovery process. From medical detox to inpatient treatment and IOP, clients have access to regular one-on-one therapeutic sessions, during which they further delve into underlying and contributing factors, unresolved trauma, personal treatment goals and an individualized plan for continuing care.
- Group therapy sessions – Group therapy sessions take place on a daily basis, and cover a range of pertinent, recovery-related topics. During group therapy sessions clients have the opportunity to work on relapse prevention, the development of healthy coping mechanisms, healthy and effective communication and offering and accepting peer support. A variety of therapeutic methods are employed in group therapy sessions, including Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical-Behavior Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing and holistic therapeutic methods like art therapy, music therapy and psychodrama.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT is a very commonly employed method of psycho-social intervention, one geared towards the development of healthy behavioral patterns and an overall improvement of mental health. Our licensed therapists utilize CBT as an integral part of individual and group therapy sessions.
- Dialectical-Behavior Therapy (DBT) – DBT is another effective model of cognitive behavioral therapy, one geared towards replacing negative patterns of thinking with beneficial and productive thinking patterns.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing – This non-invasive psychotherapeutic method helps clients work through past trauma by allowing the natural healing capabilities of the mind to work towards an adaptive resolution. EMDR is extremely beneficial for clients who are simultaneously struggling with anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder or any other unresolved trauma.
- Motivational Interviewing – Motivational Interviewing is a client-focused strategy that provides clients with motivation to change a negative behavioral pattern. Our licensed therapists frequently utilize MI in a one-on-one setting.
- 12 step program introduction and facilitation – At Guardian Recovery we believe that a thorough 12 step education often means the difference between relapse and continued recovery. We offer a clinical program that focuses on 12 step immersion.
- Trauma resolution – Unresolved trauma and substance abuse are closely interlinked. Most of our licensed therapists are familiar with trauma-informed clinical care, and individual and group therapy sessions cover the relationship between trauma and addiction in depth.
- Intensive family workshops – At Guardian Recovery we believe in the importance of family involvement, and suggest that the loved ones of our clients remain engaged during every stage of the recovery process. We offer an intensive workshop for the loved ones of our clients, which focuses on addiction education and simultaneous healing.
- Aftercare monitoring – We provide aftercare monitoring services to ensure that past clients are staying on the right track and continuing to meet all of their personal recovery-related goals.
Benefits of Comprehensive Clinical Services
The most common underlying and contributing factors include:
- Undiagnosed or untreated mental health conditions, which are thoroughly addressed in our Dual Diagnosis treatment programs.
- Attempting to cope with unresolved trauma. Clients who struggle with unresolved trauma work with individual therapists who have personal backgrounds in trauma-informed care.
- An underlying desire to improve mood or “feel good.” Clients learn how to regulate emotions on their own and make healthy, fulfilling lifestyle choices.
- Experiencing a lack of connection or persistent feelings of loneliness and isolation. Clients learn how to foster and maintain healthy and mutually beneficial friendships.
- Issues relating to self-esteem or a lack of self-worth. Over time, throughout the clinical treatment process, clients build self-esteem through esteemable acts and begin developing a solid sense of self-worth.
Individualized Addiction Treatment
Individualized care is very important to our overall clinical program. Providing each client with the most personalized treatment plan possible allows for more focused care and results in a greater probability of maintaining sobriety long-term. In order to provide individualized clinical care, each client undergoes an in-depth assessment upon admission to any level of treatment, from medical detox to our intensive outpatient program. This assessment covers current and past physical and mental health concerns, personal history with substance abuse and family history. Each client is assigned a case manager who utilizes the assessment results to develop a personalized treatment plan, complete with individual short and long-term treatment goals.
Begin Your Personal Journey of Healing
At Guardian Recovery we offer the most comprehensive clinical services available throughout Colorado, Florida, Maine, New Hampshire and New Jersey, providing a treatment experience that is truly unlike any other. We believe that long-term sobriety stems from a focus on the individual – our unique approach tackles the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual implications of addiction as they pertain to each client. For more information on the clinical services we provide or to get started contact us today.