Mind, Body & Soul Holistic Healing
Utilizing a powerful combination of clinical therapy and holistic treatment methods, Guardian Recovery helps individuals get firmly on the path to lifelong recovery.
Addiction has root causes and negative consequences on every level — physically, mentally, emotionally, socially and spiritually. In order for a person to truly recover, treatment needs to address all these factors. At Guardian Recovery we take a holistic approach to treating addiction utilizing a variety of treatment methods that address each factor. First we treat the condition medically and physically, then we treat the root emotional and mental causes and consequences of addiction, lastly we help heal spiritual wounds. By spiritual, we do not mean religious. We mean an individual’s spirit — the wounds and damage that have both caused one to develop an addiction, and the wounds that have been inflicted by addiction.
How We Address Addiction Holistically
To address the physical:
To address the mental & emotional:
To address the social:
To address the spiritual:
The Holistic Services We Provide
The holistic treatment services we provide include:
- Yoga therapy – Yoga has numerous proven benefits including stress relief, pain relief, impulse control, physical strength, deeper sleep, increased energy levels, self-awareness and a general sense of well-being. At Guardian Recovery we offer regular yoga therapy sessions, facilitated by a licensed and experienced yoga therapist. Classes can be easily modified to meet the unique needs of each individual client.
- Mindfulness meditation – Mindfulness-based interventions are often utilized as part of integrated addiction recovery programs. We focus on mindfulness meditation, which teaches attention, self-awareness and acceptance. Clients learn to pay attention to their emotions and identify the ways they are feeling, while accepting themselves exactly where they are in the present moment. This technique helps clients quiet their minds and remain grounded. It is also an important part of relapse prevention training because it decreases impulsivity.
- Acupuncture – This Eastern method of medicinal intervention uses thin, sterile needles that are carefully inserted into specific pressure points throughout the body. Acupuncture — more specifically, aural acupuncture (ear acupuncture) — has proven beneficial in alleviating certain symptoms associated with opioid withdrawal, including psychological cravings. A licensed acupuncturist works regularly with clients at some of our facilities, most commonly during medical detox.
- Nutrition therapy – Our clients are taught about the impact nutrition has on one’s emotional stability, physical health and sense of well-being. Good nutrition can help stabilize one’s emotions, increase energy levels, produce happiness-inducing chemicals like dopamine and serotonin, and improve an individual’s self-esteem.
A Whole-Person Approach to Addiction Recovery
At Guardian Recovery we are dedicated to taking a whole-person approach to addiction recovery. A whole-person approach is a long-term solution that focuses on continuous self-improvement. Recovery is a lifelong process of healing, and it continues long after clinical care has concluded. We teach clients that in order to maintain a life of fulfilling and meaningful recovery, it is important for them to develop and uphold positive behavioral patterns that will actively serve them for years to come. Sometimes this can include holistic treatment methods.
The Benefits of Holistic Therapy
- The alleviation of certain withdrawal and post-acute withdrawal symptoms – The intense psychological cravings that often lead to relapse when left untreated can be treated using holistic methods such as acupuncture and yoga.
- Stress management and stress relief – Holistic methods like yoga and mindfulness meditation have been proven to facilitate stress reduction, reduce symptoms associated with anxiety and lead to a greater level of mind-body connection.
- An increased ability to regulate uncomfortable emotions and work through potential relapse triggers – The goal of many holistic treatment methods is to teach clients how to stay grounded in the present moment and acknowledge emotions as fleeting, manageable and impermanent.
- The maintenance of physical health – Holistic methods like nutritional therapy teach clients how to adequately care for their physical bodies while simultaneously nourishing their minds and facilitating comprehensive healing.
Our Straightforward Admissions Process
We understand that early recovery is an extremely trying time for our clients and for their loved ones. For this reason, Guardian Recovery has developed an admissions process that is simple and uncomplicated. We believe that quality clinical care should be readily available to everyone that needs it. We work closely with most major regional and national health insurance providers to make our addiction recovery services as accessible as possible. Contact us for a free, no obligation insurance benefit check. The benefit check takes only a matter of minutes. If you are interested in learning more about our holistic treatment programs, contact us today. We look forward to answering any additional questions you may have.