Anthem Healthcare for Addiction Treatment
Addiction is a chronic health concern that requires ongoing treatment and maintenance to help ensure relapse does not occur. Recognizing this, most health insurers in the US provide some degree of cost coverage for substance abuse treatment.
One in every 8 Americans receives their health coverage from Anthem’s affiliated health plans. As one of the largest health insurers in the US, Anthem recognizes its responsibility to provide comprehensive health coverage to keep people as healthy as possible.
Anthem Coverage for Addiction Treatment at Guardian Recovery
Anthem as an insurance company recognizes that behavioral health is an important factor in each person’s overall health. Mental health affects physical health, and vice versa. Providing behavioral health coverage is key to ensuring the full spectrum of healthcare needs are met for every member. Anthem and its affiliated health plans provide comprehensive cost coverage for substance abuse treatment in rehabilitation facilities, including therapy for alcohol and drug addiction. The company also covers other services that fall under the umbrella of addiction treatment – such as medical detoxification and clinical case management.
Providing behavioral health coverage is key to ensuring the full spectrum of healthcare needs are met for every member. Key features of Anthem’s behavioral health coverage include:
- Access to a network of specialty behavioral health providers, including doctors and therapists
- Access to both acute care and free-standing specialty hospitals
- Health management with care managers who are licensed and experienced
- Facility-based substance abuse and mental health treatment, including services offered at Guardian Recovery’s treatment centers
- Coverage for partial, intensive outpatient and residential treatment substance abuse programs
Anthem also covers treatment for mental disorders that may co-occur with addiction. Common mental health conditions that accompany addiction include:
- Personality disorders, such as bipolar disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Eating disorders
Questions about Anthem’s Addiction Treatment Coverage at Guardian Recovery?
Guardian Recovery’s treatment centers are dedicated to helping people and their loved ones overcome their substance abuse issues and guiding them through the addiction recovery experience. Our trained and experienced addiction specialists are fully committed to making recovery from addiction a reality for all who walk through the front doors or our treatment centers.
If you or a loved one are ready to commit to drug or alcohol treatment, it is essential to review your coverage before committing so you understand your benefits and what to expect cost-wise. Anthem covers rehabilitation, but you should get clarification about the specifics of that coverage. You should make sure to get further information about:
- Amount of your deductible
- The exact type of treatments you are eligible for
- The length of your intended stay at our facility